Effective: January 11, 2017
When we talk about “Cylix,” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to AllSoft Ltd., the company which provides the Services. When we talk about the “Services” in this policy, we are referring to our application platform. Our Services are currently available for specific use to your desktop, as further described in our Help Center.
Information we collect and receive
1. Customer Data
Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is not collected or controlled by Cylix.
If you create an account on our website and download and use the Application, you are a “user,” as further described in the User Terms of Service. If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
2. Other information
Cylix may collect and receive the following information:
- Account creation information. Users provide information such as an email address and password to create an account.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf. We do not collect any credit card/payment information.
- Application usage information. Cylix does not collect any such information.
- Website log data. When you use the website our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the website, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Geo-location information. Third party payment services may collect GPS location from mobile devices and is only with your permission. IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Application. We do not receive or store your project passwords.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer or mobile device to us each time you visit our website or use our desktop application. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access the website through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable some or all cookies you may not be able to use the Services.
Cylix does not set its own cookies on the domains operated by Cylix. We use third parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on its website.
How we use your information
We use your information to provide and improve the Services.
1. Other client information
We use other kinds of information in providing the website services. Specifically:
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails. We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about Cylix. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer website accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep the Application secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
1. Customer Data
We do not store or are able to access any of your project data. Whether you keep, modify or delete your data is entirely up to you.
2. Other information
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at email@example.com.
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. Cylix does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
Sharing and Disclosure
Customers determine their own policies for the sharing and disclosure of Customer Project Data. Cylix does not control how Customers or their third parties choose to share or disclose Customer Data.
1. Customer Website Data
Cylix may share Customer Data in accordance with our agreement with the Customer and the Customer’s instructions, including:
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals to process Customer Website Data.
- With third party integrations. Cylix may, acting on our Customer’s behalf, share Customer Project Data with the provider of an integration added by Customer. Cylix is not responsible for how the provider of an integration may collect, use, and share Customer Data.
2. Other information
Cylix may share other information as follows:
- About you with the Customer. There may be times when you contact Cylix to help resolve an application issue. In order to help resolve the issue and given our relationship with our Customer, we may share your concern with our Customer.
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third party payment processors, to process information on our behalf.
3. Other types of disclosure
Cylix may share or disclose Customer Website Data and other information as follows:
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Cylix’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (i.e. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
Cylix takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information, process and store, and the current state of technology.
To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of Customer Project Data and other information, please see our Security Practices; we keep that document updated as these practices evolve over time.
Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.