Cylix 2.1 MacOS, Windows & Linux (return of the fallen one)
With previous version 2, we only released a MacOS and Windows version, as various compatibility issues delayed our Linux launch. With newly released version 2.1, Linux is back with all the greatest Cylix features supported on Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora and Debian.
Hardware-based authentication with Yubikey One Time Password (OTP)
This is a big one. We doubled down on our security drive with hardware-based authentication. Use Cylix with Yubikey OPT natively and securely to store data, documents, notes and secrets. NO secrets ever touched or stored by Cylix team or any other third party for the matter.
When creating a new project, simply long press your Yubikey button to fill in your preset password. Should your Yubikey be a new device, you can go to Settings and set a new password onto your Yubikey with our built-in option.
Local Backup & Compression
This is one small step for Cylix in providing full remote backup functionality. Simply go to Settings and click on the Backup button next to Backup Data, select a desired location and your project will be backed up and archived in a .zip file.
Cylix App Tray Minimization with Drag & Drop functionality
We know too many open apps in the toolbar is a pain, so we have now implemented the option to minimize Cylix to the tray while being able to drag & drop any local files which will be automatically recognized and associated to the corresponding MIME type. Want to open the application again? Click on the tray icon and select Show.
Opened a new project? Confirmed. Manually saved a file? Confirmed. Sometimes confirming doubts and reinforcing ideas is a good thing and this is where notifications will come in handy without being intrusive.
Screen Reader / Screenshots
In order to save time when looking to take a screenshot and import it in Cylix, we have added Screen Reader option which allows you to take a screenshot of your desktop from within Cylix. Click on Screen Reader icon on the main left toolbar, take a screenshot or select an area and save it in Cylix directly as an image or locally.
Object Character Recognition (OCR) – Windows only
We’ve been meaning to add OCR to Cylix for quite a while now, unfortunately, technical challenges on MacOS and Linux platforms have delayed this release. It is here now, for Windows version only, with MacOS and Linux to follow. Just click on Screen Reader icon on the main left toolbar, take an image screenshot and then hit the OCR button.
Cylix 2.0.0 MacOS, Windows
- After one year of hard work, we are finally unveiling Cylix version 2.0 with a focus on design. We have completely overhauled the user interface to give it a modern and friendly UI. The days of retro style IDE look & feel are gone.
WYSIWYG Web Editor
- Enhanced Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs Paste capabilities for text, style, format keeping and images
- Shortcuts toolbar icon
- Advanced image editing
- Custom Quick Insert Button
- Special Characters Toolbar Icon
- Fixing of the Copy/Paste bug
- Adding autofill functionality for merged cells
- Improve support for TypeScript syntax
- Support for sqlite dialect
- Increase contrast on default bracket-matching colors
- Improve handling of indentation
- New themes
Other Major Improvements
- New Project and Tree actions keyboard shortcuts. Go to Settings – Shortcuts tab to view them all
- License Manager. Cylix Pro subscribers must now verify their account for a license number allowing activation of up to three devices. To activate the license simply copy it onto Settings – General tab. Click on License Setup button, paste it in the License Number field and then click Get License and Activate. Finally, restart the application for the license to take effect.
Cylix 1.0.0 MacOS, Windows & Linux
- Bulk Import/Export – ability to import/export a folder and all of its child folders and supported document types
- Code Editor – Code Syntax Highlighter has been replaced by a new Code Editor module completely revamping the experience
Bug fixes & improvements
- MacOS certificate issue – previously application would not start because of an issue with the Apple Developer Certificate
- Fixed global application search – search was not working on some document types
- Improved global application search – search now supports multiple word search criterion
- Improved Save As experience for Image Editor – this has been simplified
- Text Editor Show Line Number – icon had incorrect reference
- Removed Save confirmation – annoying little popups showing up when saving a document change
- Web Editor scrolling – fixed rendering/scrolling issue in Web Editor
- Removed Properties context option from tree folders/items
- Web Editor links not working – now opening in default platform browser when clicked
- Application crash on Duplicate context menu actions
- Application crash on Copy/Paste context menu actions
- Removed popup appearing when canceling a Save action in Web Editor
- Diff on two text documents would not display Next icon
- Improved tree with vertical and horizontal scrollbars
Cylix 1.0.0-BETA Linux Update
- Added support for more Linux versions. Now supported:
- Ubuntu 16.04, 16.10, 17.04
- Mint 17.3, 18.1
- Fedora 24, 25
- Debian 8.7.1
- Create, save, close project
- Export and Import project data in XML format
- Search text in documents
- Add new folder and new item
- Tree view for all items
- Move items up and down
- Drag & drop items between folders
- Remove folders and items
- Rename folders and items
- Copy, cut, paste, duplicate items
- Basic styling such as bold and italic
- Pixel precision font size – change font size with pixel precision. No more “small”, “medium”, “large” and nothing between them.
- Font family customization – give your text some personality using different font family from your custom list of available fonts.
- Paragraph formatting – use normal paragraphs, write some code or just highlight ideas using headings.
- Varied colour palette – change the text or background color as you wish, selecting from your color palette.
- Undo & Redo buttons
- Selection details – quick glance at editor’s toolbar is enough to see your current font family, font size and paragraph format
- Line Breaker – makes it possible to enter a new line after a table even if it is the last element in the editor
- Subscript, superscript, strikethrough – for basic math editing capabilities
- Rich Content
- Link support
- Plain text paste – automatic removal of unwanted styling when pasting from external sources.
- Copy Paste of text and images from browsers – take a snippet of data, images included, from the article of choice and copy paste it hassle free
- Copy Paste from Microsoft Office – move text and images from your Office documents. The web editor cleans all the unnecessary code and make the document just look good.
- Image support – copy paste, upload or paste an Url to insert an image
- Image editing – drag & drop images to reposition them, click to resize, change their alignment, make them links, replace or delete them
- Embedded video – insert videos by pasting the embedded code into the rich text editor
- Video edit – resize, change video alignment, remove or preview it directly from the editor’s interface without having to leave the page
- Tables – keep your data organized using tables, with both basic and advanced operations on cells, rows and columns
- Table sell selection – editor comes with a special table cell selection feature that offers users the same experience as in any browser
- Table resize – table might not necessarily need the whole page width and not all columns are the same. Resize them for a great appearance
- Table editing – the table edit popup offers an easy and intuitive way to edit the entire table, one or multiple cells
- TAB Key in table – use the TAB key to jump through table cells or insert a new row if TAB is pressed in the last table cell
- Emoticons – express your emotions easier with emoticons rather than words. Very desired by users and possible in the editor
- Quote – with multiple quote levels, our rich text editor successfully handles different cases where quoting is required
- Horizontal line – use horizontal rules to separate your edited content and split it into pages when the content is printed
- Char counter – shows at all time the number of characters in a document
- 508 Compliant – rich text editor is compliant with Section 508 Accessibility Program
- WCAG 2.0 Compliant – editor follows the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- WAI-ARIA Compliant – a beautiful user interface with increased accessibility, thanks to the WAI-ARIA specifications
- Shortcuts – intuitive shortcuts enable a faster editing experience and you can even forget about your mouse
- Document sidebar thumbnail view
- Search in document with highlighting and case matching
- Go to Previous/Next Page
- Current page number
- Jump to page
- Zoom in/out
- Predefined zoom
- Go to First/Last Page
- Rotate clockwise and anti-clockwise
- View document properties
- Copy Paste text selection or entire document
- Basic formatting – copy, paste, cut, undo, redo, wrap text, show line numbers
- Open various formats: jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, gif, pbm, pgm, ppm, xbm, xpm
- Get image information
- Invert colours
- Colour adjust
- Rotate left/right
- Zoom In/Out
- Fit to window
- Copy/Copy All and Paste functionality
- Align Left, Right, Center, Justify
- Wrap text
- Show line numbers
- Diff – select two items and compare
List of Known Issues:
Windows/Intel HD3000 : Crash when starting opengl application
- Importing XML file after a previous export does not open Web Editor and Pdf data
- On Windows machines Web Editor and Pdf Viewer occasionally are not displayed. Clicking on a different item and then back on the original item displays the content.